Challenging Gradient (A2) image credits
Back to Challenging Gradient (A2)
The images listed below, from module A2, Challenging Gradient, are not available under Open Government Licence (OGL). They belong to the respective copyright holders and are subject to the listed constraints or Creative Commons Licences. Images not listed here are free to use (sources include the module authors and www.pixabay.com).
- A1, collage of graphs on the world’s nuclear arsenal includes copyright graphs (including those shared via Creative Commons licences) as shown on the collage. Sources include:
A1, two non-linear graphs on the right of the slide created by Josh Wayles. These graphs can be freely re-used.
- A2, composite ‘footer’ image includes nuclear arsenal graphs from Wikimedia Commons that are ©Berria and are shared under the (CC BY-SA 4.0) Creative Commons licence.
- A3, ‘WhatsApp Usage’ graph is © Statista and is from their Chart of The Day series, shared under Creative Commons.
- A4 ‘Social Networking’ graph is © Statista and is from their Chart of The Day series, shared under Creative Commons.
- A5 ‘Instagram Users’ graph is © Statista and is from their Chart of The Day series, shared under Creative Commons.
- Activity Sheet 1:
- Original sources for the graphs in question 1 and 4 could not be found and the graphs are used here (for non-commercial educational use) under the ‘Fair Dealing’ criteria of copyright law.
- The Spotify graph for question 2 is © Statista and is from their Chart of The Day
- The graph for question 3 on changes in music format is from BBC News at co.uk/news – used with their kind permission.
- A7, A8 graphs are © Hodder Education and are from the textbook series Making Sense of Maths. Used here with their kind permission.
- A9, vending machine image is from Bani x Vending Machine and is shared under the (CC-BY-2.0) Creative Commons licence.
- A11, UK Highway Map is courtesy of www.ontheworldmap.com/uk/ .
- A12 and A13, image of Lewis is © Stephen Gough and is not available for re-use.
- Activity Sheet 4 – composite image with growth chart and image of Shaquille O’Neal is from the Freudenthal Institute and is used here for non-commercial educational use under the ‘Fair Dealing’ criteria of copyright law.
- B15, stacks of chairs and tables image is © Sue Hough.
- B17, shopping carts image created by Josh Wayles. This image can be freely re-used.
- C1, C2 and Activity Sheet 8: water flow graphs are from the Freudenthal Institute.
- C5 – C7 pillar candles image is © Gillen Candles and is used with their kind permission.